25 March, 2007

Is this the way to ????


This is my every other day office. Isn't it lovely? You don't know if it's daytime or nighttime, what the weather is and whether or not the sky is falling. There are no contingency plans for emergencies down here, if there is an earthquake do we head for the nearest exit, save our own skin, or what? Might be nice to know wouldn't it? I love organizations that are prepared for things. Ficticious alerts to keep people on their toes. That's kind of fun, barring the escalator from all people. As if. Again the appearance of a Kabuki theater.

Damn I am tired. Last night I was in a better outpost but still it gets to be long. Whenever an aircraft pulls in, I mentally contemplate how many people are going to ask me questions and how many are going to confuse the police officer and I for airline employees. Don't laugh. It happens. At one point last night there were no aircraft parked at the gates on the east side of the terminal. Then in short order 5 large people bearing aluminum cans pulled in. There was one extremely large group of high school students heading down the corridor. The noise level was raised quite a bit. I imagine the FA's had a fun time with them.

Last night while I was observing and doing my job, I saw some interesting things. A young man with 2 prosthetic (state of the art) legs and a prosthetic arm. I am wondering if he was the young man profiled on a Discovery special. I saw an actor, known for his performance on a show on Monday nights, who was killed off I believe 2 seasons ago. He pitches insurance now. I saw a young woman who's sense of style was interesting. Black leggings, a white satin slip over them, and over that a shirt. Lots of families, lots of tourists ( spring break is here) and just it seems masses of people being disgorged from those blue tubes.

I saw flight attendants that have been flying since propellors drove the aircraft. They make pilots retire at 60 but there aren't such rules for flight attendants. I guess they love their jobs. And you know they bid for the best routes and best stations on the aircraft. But if they are cheerful and do a good job then bully for them.

So today and tomorrow I rest and recuperate. Tomorrow morning I am going to start with swim aeorbics. Probably a very good thing. And since I have a gym membership maybe I can go more often and use the treadmill and work on my legs and abs. And have some energy to boot.

That's about it for now.
Ciao. Babies.
-30-


No comments:

Post a Comment