25 September, 2006

Wow Wow Wow



There is not a lot I can say about this weekend except wow. 9 women, over 50, enjoying each others company. Laughter, tears, meeting and bonding. It was truly one of the best experiences I have ever had.

I need to keep up with this journal more, but lately I have been a bit lazy. Not anyones fault but my own. There are a lot of things that go into writing on a regular basis, but sometimes, the pain of typing overcomes the need to publish.

Anyway, old Pasadena in the bungalow district is charming. Block after block of houses that exist 60 years after being built. No demo to build McMansions. Fruit trees, back yards, parks, and people. A nice place to visit, but 35 miles from my house here in the beaches of redundant. LA has so many different areas, different ethnicities that I think I could live here another 40 years and not see it all. I want to save some money and take my daughter down to Santee Alley and go purse and shoe shopping. She will enjoy it. And perhaps find a shop that has cool clothes for the not anorexic young woman.

This weekend the parish that I attend has it's 50th anniversary. A big dinner and service. On Sunday, my oldest child, the tall one, turns 19. I think about the last few years and everything that has happened and I praise the GOD above for giving me the blessings that I have.

More later when the arm doesn't feel like the bone is coming through the skin.

me

No comments:

Post a Comment