25 July, 2006

Yep, this is what I am dealing with

This is the result of the surgery. I have 5 incisions in my arm, and tomorrow all the stitches are going to come out. Ain't the bruise lovely? And today, to add to all the fun stuff, I am having numbness in my fingers on the right hand. I have become great friends with my ice machine, imagine a cooler with ice and water that is attached to a hose that circulates cold water through a shoulder cap. When I settle in to read tonight the machine will be on and I will have some comfort.

And I came out of anesthesia sounding like a gravel truck. Nerve block made my salivary glands stop and I had no spit. Sore throat and then some.

It's been hotter than hell here with humidity to match. I don't like humidity. I have problems wearing the sling since it itches and I can't deal with the damn itching. And somehow along the way today, I picked up 2 bites. I used my spray on bandage and I hope that deals with that. I d have aloe/lidocaine and can use that on the bites if I have to.

Had spaghetti tonight, I was so hungry for pasta. Filled the need. If I get to the market tomorrow, I will get some chicken and grill that with some rice.

Wow there are clouds out there. Does this mean that it won't be so damn hot tonight? We had quite the lightning show Saturday night, and Sunday whilst I was at church we had thunder and lightning in the morning. But very little rain. The deserts are seeing much more rain than we are.

2 hours of House tonight. Yeah.

Later! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment