15 June, 2006

World Cup Soccer or ER Reruns?








Hmmm, what a choice to be made. And guess what. Soccer won again. Even though England was a bit lackluster, they did manage to score against Trinidad/Tobago. I actually liked the Germany/Poland matchup better. I will watch the USA on Saturday against Italy. This is much more fun than baseball. Of course I always thought going to a baseball game was an excuse to drink and flirt. Way back when. Now at least with the NFL something is going on most of the time. No biggie, I just don't like baseball. When my kids were in little league I used to tell my son to use zen to hit the ball, and he made allstars. Amazing how those dingers added up.

Life in the big city is not exactly over the top. I heard the explosion on 2 June 2006 when the AA 767 decided to end it's usefullness as a transport carrier when it's port engine blew up and sent debris across 2 active taxiways, 1 active runway and most of the AA maintenance area. I used to hang at the TWA hangar when I was a nonrev. To catch the bus across the runway to terminal 3 to get a flight. Oh the good old days before kabuki security and all that. With an airline badge, you came up the stairs at gate 33 I think, and into the terminal and to your gate. Not any more.

Well the dreaded spectre of hunger has attacked me so I guess I will mosey downstairs and find myself something filling.

ciao. babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment