02 February, 2006

You're putting that long azz needle where?

Arthrogram.

Isn't that a wonderful word?

Well after waiting what seemed to be an inordinate time I was ushered into a room to change into 2, yep count them 2 hospital gowns. Luckily I could keep my shoes and unders one, but not the top stuff. Then they called me and took me into the Xray room. I sat for a few minutes answering questions about the meds i took, what I have metal wise in my body (nothing). The doc came in and I felt comfortable with her. They marked my arm with sharpies as well as my chest area by the shoulder crease. Evidently that is the best way to get to the socket, going up from the body. Had to use super strong paper tape and move the girls out of the way, so they didn't flop over into the area of the needle.

First they inject lidocaine all the way down. That worked quick. Then another longer needle goes in with a tube attached to it. That is filled with a contrast agent. The contrast agent helps illuminate areas on the MRI that aren't easy to see. Okay, so now I am numb and filled with contrast agent. I hobble over to the MRI waiting room and am taken to their newest machine out in the trailer. ( Always knew I'd end up in a single wide...LOL).

The first series of pictures are taken with my arm above my head, rather like what they do when they take mammograms. AFter that, my arm is strapped to my side, my head encased in a capsule and the pictures start to be done. I fell alseep. I zoned myself into a state of semi wakeness. Taking a low dose Valium helped that too. I woke myself up snoring. Then it was done and over. Drove to pick up the kid and came home. See the doc next week.

Husband turns 50 this year and Seattle is going to the Super Bowl. He could ask for no more. He's taking the kids to Magic Mountain.I don't go.

Dog got groomed yesterday. She does not like having her nails done. Took 2 people to hold her. She slept pretty sound last night. Snored even.

What's with American Idol? Sheesh.

that's all.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment