17 January, 2006

So. We had a holiday. That meant togetherness. All of us. One place. Same time. And me off the antidepressants. Not a good thing. Managed to get through it though there were tears and some angry words.

Saw the doctor on Friday. Am waiting for approval of an artho-MRI where they can get a better idea of what is going on with this bicep tendon. After that, we will schedule surgery on the shoulder to repair the bicep tendon and resect it to the bone. This way, it has a lessened chance of rupture and having a pile of tendon above my elbow. I am hoping that the pain will lessen significantly. There is no way of telling people what it's like to have constant chronic pain in a joint. Too bad I don't do the evil weed anymore. At least I might have a better opinion of things. Ha.Anyway, he refilled my meds, the T3, Zantac ( I take 150mg 2x a day) and my friend the Naproxen. Sure has cut my drinking down. 8-(

The husband saw his gastro on Friday. He has Hep C. He will not consent to another biopsy but he will have an ultrasound and regular blood tests. He doesn't want to take the Interferon treatment as he thinks it would case a personality change. I don't know. I just don't want to wake up one morning and see him bright yellow.

So this coming weekend we are taking a road trip. Not in the motorhome. In the car. I hope that it goes well. I have to take the car over and get the oil changed on Friday or Saturday. We leave Sunday and come home on Wednesday. At least that is the plan.

So there. I've updated. What a life. But I am above ground so that is a good thing.

ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment